16: Turmeric “Klingon” Root Wonder + Carrot Greens Dressing – Marinade
My fabulous hair-dresser, Trishah, PureGrowthBB.com, asked me to write about turmeric, so, Trishah, here you go! Btw, Trishah is a genius with all kinds of hair. I have traipsed around following her to wherever her current salon locale may be. Check her out! When you call her, please mention my name, Audrye.
Some while back, as I meandered around my local now-defunct Stiles market, I came upon these raw wrapped weird Klingon-food-looking orangey root things that I gazed on with fascination and horror. “What is this?” I asked one of the store reps. “Turmeric!” he said. My intro to the fabulous raw turmeric was surprising and shocking. Yes, I bought it. Previously, I had used powdered turmeric, garam masala, and other yummy ingredients to jazz up my food. I hadn’t even known how beneficial turmeric is for human health.
I love turmeric! Now I get it raw organic, currently at Brothers Farmers’ Market. Why turmeric? These pungent orange roots do us a world of good. Whether you love the curcumin in it or all the rest, eat it! Dr Brenda Cobb, founder and head of The Living Food Institute in Atlanta, where I studied raw food prep and nutrition, advised me to buy turmeric capsules to aid in the healing of my teeth, gums and bone, as she said the raw root was insufficiently strong. I bought Root2, Turmeric Extract Curcumin C3 Complex, 1,160 mg per serving with BioPerine, which I now see has gelatin as part of its ingredients. I’m back to the root now. It’s all good, minus the gelatin.
According to research, turmeric, especially its ingredient curcumin, can potentially prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s, cancer, as well as being an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory (hence for my teeth and gums), plus lessen symptoms of depression and arthritis. Curcumin has been connected to improved brain function, while lowering the risk of brain disease. Also hailed as delaying aging and age-related chronic diseases, curcumin is a good thing to eat. Most experts recommend taking supplements, saying the root by itself is insufficiently potent. Do it! Meanwhile, I eat the orange root in my various dressings and marinades.
This morning, I concocted a delicious marinade/dressing with turmeric. Yes, you need a Vitamix and Cuisinart or other really good high-speed blender and excellent food processor to get the right consistency. I can attest to the quality of the brands I use. I use 11.5 pH strong alkaline Kangen Water (7241840.kangendemo.com) to wash pesticides from food, including organic produce.
Raw Organic Carrots
with Carrot Greens Dressing-Marinade with Turmeric, Ginger, Garlic
Bunch of organic carrots with greens attached
1 turmeric root
½-1-inch ginger root
4 cloves garlic
½ – ¾ cup or so Nutiva organic MCT Oil from coconut
A few shakes of Badia Sazon’ Tropical (orange label and ingredients)
A few swirls of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Remove the “lining” on the garlic cloves, an annoying painstaking job if ever there was one, especially when the cloves are tiny.
- Soak garlic, turmeric, ginger in 11.5 pH strong alkaline Kangern Water to clean and wash off pesticides (yes, organic products and produce can be sprayed with ostensibly “safe” pesticides. Not “safe” to me.). Wash with the best water you have for everything in this Recipe.
- Cut the carrots from their green leafy tops.
- Cut in 2-inch pieces and soak carrots in 11.5 pH strong alkaline Kangen water to clean and wash off pesticides
- Soak the greens also in 11.5 pH strong alkaline water to clean and wash off pesticides.
- Put the carrots in your Cuisinart or other food processor. Process to the consistency you like for chewing.
- Put everything else in the Vitamix. Start on lower speed, and work up to high speed. Everything will turn into a lovely thick delicious dressing or marinade.
- Put the processed carrots in a bowl. Add the marinade, and mix. Add as much as you like.
- YUMMY!!!!! Eat and enjoy! Refrigerate!
- If extra marinade, use as dressing for anything you like. You can also dip crackers, celery, other foods into it.
I am a vibrational food prep chef. I don’t always measure. Afterward, I approximate how much of what was used. I did my best to pay attention as I created this Recipe so I could let you know what was in it and how much.
Definitely, make it! If you don’t have the ingredients or equipment I use, it won’t taste the same. Regular water is not Kangen Water. Non-organic (conventional) food is different from organic, plus has less nutritional value. A regular blender cannot do what a Vitamix can. Do your best!
Please let me know how your food comes out! For more Recipes and wellness information, get VIM VIGOR VITALITY VEGAN!, Plus Enagic Kangen Water Specialties (VVVV) in the BOOKS section of the site.